Saturday, October 10, 2009

Of course you know this means war



Ian Thal, a friend of and commenter on this blog, is holding a reading of the revised version of his new play Total War at Outpost 186 in Inman Square this Sunday night. I confess to having something of a personal stake in this reading - because I gave him input into the last version - but alas, I'm going to have to miss it (maybe he'll share the electronic copy if I promise not to "nick" it!). The topic is a fascinating one - the legacy of Catholic anti-Semitism on a very Boston-College-like campus that is, of course, not, not Boston College. Details above, or more info here.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks,Thom, for noting that the school in my play is not Boston college, the student newspapers don't even have similar names

    I can't imagine why anyone would write a play about Boston College with BC recently ranked #17 in a Princeton Review list of schools with "Little Class/Race Interaction."

    Will send you a copy, though I already have a few edits I want to do first. (I accept the teasing for my recent .html hissy-fit.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, cannot imagine why anyone would write a play about Boston College. So thanks for not writing it. Break a leg at the reading, if that's the proper good-luck charm for playwrights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what the good luck mantra for writers might be. I think these mantras are just for the performers (dancers have "merde" and clowns have "knock 'em dead.")

    Every time somebody has wished me "to break a leg" this past weel I have this gruesome image of me swinging a baseball bat. Which given that I am not writing about Boston College, and thus, not writing about sports, is a completely inappropriate image.

    ReplyDelete